I'd like a pair of Valium Slippers.
Have you ever seen those sock/shoes they make for dogs? A co-worker of mom claims that every time she needs her lab puppy to settle down, all she has to do is apply these Valium Slippers. The dog immediately becomes drowsy and does nothing but sleep (standing, seated, wherever).
I need Valium Slippers.
Thanks for the check on 'currants'! In my previous post. I do love currants, but I think I meant current. :) They always told me that it was the brilliant ones who couldn't spell...
I heard a really interesting story the other day-this isn't the happiest story-from a friend at our dog grooming place:
On her way home, not 5 mins from there, she hit a deer. A 30lb baby deer. Her dog hit the dash on impact and when ballistic trying to get to the dying creature. The cat in the backseat ran out of the car when she opened the door.
Unfortunately, the deer was still alive. And momma deer was in the forest just off the road.
A car pulls over and three huge guys come over as she's trying to figure out what to do and how to stop panic-ing; turns out they were just some nice college kids who saw the accident.
She goes back to her car, pulls out her gun in the dash (apparently not unusual in Spokane...are you here yet Cheri?!), goes back to finish off baby deer.
She pulls in the trigger as a cop is pulling over. And just as her neighbors, who recognized her car and 3 huge men lurking, pull over. Woman neighbor has a hysterical fit-she didn't realize that the deer was dying to begin with.
Momma deer is glaring into her soul, three useless boys are stunned, hysterical neighbors, barking dog. Then, the cop threatens to arrest her.
She goes to get her license for the gun, and the cop explains that using a firearms on federal (or state?) property, eg the road, is illegal. She was on the shoulder of the highway. She said she understood. Thankfully the cop got another call and said something like, "well, I understand why you did it, and I'm going to go take this call. be sure to drag the body so that it is visible for clean-up".
Did I mention that her car was totaled?
Also, I'm sure there is a connection to Valium Slippers.
Happy Labor Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment